To promote and advocate about the Human Rights specifically the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights and inspire fellow citizens to become valuable emissaries of tolerance, non-violence and peace.
To propagate the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights across the nation states through various academic and awareness generating activities and programmes across IHR-Observatories by the methodology of observing and reporting human rights violations in India and worldwide.
To uphold the dignity of life sans-frontier by fostering humanism across nation states for universal peace and solidarity.
The purpose of International Human Rights Observatory (IHRO) is to reach out to victims of injustice about human rights, specifically the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights while inspiring and empowering them to know their rights by “to live and let live” a life of dignity and justice.
The United Nations General Assembly proposed that the Universal Declaration of Human Rights “be disseminated, displayed, read and expounded principally in schools and other educational institutions, without distinction based on the political status of countries or territories” (United Nations, 1948).
The charter of IHRO is to forward that aim with simple yet empowering, high-quality human rights awareness for youth, teachers, officials—anyone.
Among other articles and rights for the propagation of Human Rights, IHR- Observatory would aim to further the following entitlements of fellow Human Beings:
Right to Hope: In dire circumstances a human being has enormous potential to live and it is possible only by hope. It is only by hope not only can we grow and expand the universe of our fellow human beings, but also ours. Let us light a candle in the hearts of all those suffering and in misery by entitling them with the Right to Hope.
Right to Dignified Cremation: It is not only in life but also in death that IHR-Observatory stands committed for the values of human rights. A human being has a right for a graceful cremation just as he or she has the right for life. IHR-Observatories would by all rights and procedures create an atmosphere for community and state ownerships of cremation of people whose death has been subjected to natural or manmade calamities and situations. Due procedures of cremation rights of respective all religious communities and beliefs would be respectively followed.
Everyone is entitled to live. all have the rights and freedoms set forth in UN charter and covenants. Human Rights are not concerns exclusively within the domestic jurisdiction of the UN member states but is a sans frontier movement. IHRO is dedicated to the principles stipulated in its Constitution.
- Humanism: Building public opinion in defense of human rights including of all those who struggle for their right to self-determination.
- Self-determination: The right to self-determination of all nations and peoples so as to freely determine their status as human beings and pursue their social, economic and cultural development towards human empowerment and subsistence.
- Tolerance and Fraternity: Recognition of the principles of universal brother-hood, socio-economic and political justice, and dignity of the individual and rejection of racism, caste’s, communalism, racialism and chauvinism in all forms, types, levels and degrees.
- Equality: The right to equality and equal protection before law. IHRO works towards Gender Equality.
- Non Violence and Peace: Promotion of rule of law, justice and democracy by non-violence and cultural activities based on the principles of Ahimsa and Satyagraha as pioneered by Father of Nation, Mahatma Gandhi.